A Childhood That Could Never Be Forgotten ~ SIMPLE SUNDAY AFTERNOONS ~ Cousins

I can't seem to remember who said this (some famous person
 
I'm sure), but it goes something like this 'by the time we 

begin to understand enough about life and family to ask the 

right questions, our visit is over, and someone else is visiting, 

asking the same questions'… guess that explains why this blog 

is a significant endeavor.  Truly important.


Growing up, I was surround with cousins.
Got lots to post - and yes, many stories.
I'll just begin with this crew below - stinkers for sure!


FIRST COUSINS



From left to right: Sandy Sherrell (my Aunt Ruth's daughter), 
me (mouth wide open as usual), my cousin Jerry Ross Vinson (who has a special name for me, but it wouldn't be prudent to post) his mom was my 
Aunt Lillie Merle, and my cousin Don Goff- my Aunt Reba's son 
(he, too, has the same 'special' name for me).  What fun we had!  
Every Sunday we were all together, usually at my Grandmother or 
Aunt Reba's home.  We would all pile into the back of trucks 
and go to the lake or simply just play.  
Yes, just simple play - best days ever!  
This photo, though, was taken at my house.  
My daddy's truck (it was two shades of blue) and the school bus 
that he drove are in the background. 

My, oh, my…what wonderful memories!
more cousinly love to blog about another day...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BORN IN CHICKACOEN

NINE SONS: The Tolar Brothers & The Civil War

THE ALLISON’S HOME CHURCH - LITTLE RIVER PRESBYTERIAN, ORANGE COUNTY, NC