PLASTIC ON THE COUCH

EARLY YEARS (1955-1960)A post about
a tricycle-riding
dress-wearing
 dog-loving
playhouse-playing
Daddy's girl... 
 


1) Plastic On The Couch

Easter Sunday at my Grandmother's House 1958 - Do I look happy?
However, I have on my dress, gloves and purse are attached, and Mama had put 'something' on my head for an added attraction. The only thing that I remember about this particular day is that the 'thing' hurt my head! Oh, and of course, I remember the 'Plastic On The Couch' - sticky, hot, truly uncomfortable - but not one person ever said a word to her about it!  Had you known my grandmother, you would know why.
 2) Bangs and Teeth
I had not seen this picture for over 50 years until this past weekend.
Clearly, I could complain about it - really high bangs, clearly teeth issues.
I honestly think this is one of my favorites.  This 'was' me.  This 'is' me.
(Those waves in my hair - artificial - Mama Made)


3)  No "Me" In This One
 This photo was taken in late 1955 - and I was alive at that time!
My brother probably refused to have his picture made if I was in the picture.
Some things never change…hee…hee!

4)  Daddy's Girl Always
There was never a time that I didn't feel loved by my Daddy.
He moved heaven and earth in many different ways.
Sweetest man I've ever known - wish I could hug him - maybe I will!

 5) Sunshine, Tricycle, and Jan
Our neighbors' (who were cousins) home was a 'drop-off-Anna Faye' spot.
Not because my Mama and Daddy didn't want me
 around (bet my brother was happy, though) - I wanted to be with Jan.
Daddy would always haul my tricycle there for me, and my Pinto (collie dog that lived for 17 years) would follow the truck up the road a short distance to the other 'Allison' home. 
Jan has remained a constant in my life now for 58 years.  She was there the day I was born, the sunny days of summer, the cold days of winter ~ there for concerts, trips, weddings, funerals ~ always there.  She is in charge of making sure that I get that a beautiful 'Funeral Card' ~
If she sees this picture, she will not be happy.  I can just hear her now fussing!  
I don't care - she will continue to love me! I love this photo - everything in it (even my flipflops), the shadows - it should go in some sort of 'Vintage' magazine.  Don't you think?


6)  PINTO
Pinto lived 17 years.  (He was given to me by Albert Goff -my Aunt Reba's late husband).
So much love - everyone should have a 'Pinto' growing up.  
This photo with him reflects my life - sweet memories of days gone by…
t…e…a…r…s…again!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BORN IN CHICKACOEN

NINE SONS: The Tolar Brothers & The Civil War

THE ALLISON’S HOME CHURCH - LITTLE RIVER PRESBYTERIAN, ORANGE COUNTY, NC