Just As It Was Meant To Be ~ PICTURE DAY!

New (Old) Photographs

“Look at the people in the very old photographs! 
They are gone forever but they still can give us messages with their eyes, 
they still can touch our hearts with their looks and they 
still can give us courage with their standing upright!” 


John & Martha Cline Martin Family - Part of my Great Grandmother's Family
Made in 1890 or 91 in Monroe, TN


 My Daddy (Haywood Allison), on the left, and two of his brothers (Eli Allison & Bill Allison) on Decoration Day at the Allison Cemetery around 1960 in Baxter, Tennessee.
I remember this day as if it were yesterday...


My Grandfather (William Luther Allison-My Pappy) on the right and his brother Dow
 on Decoration Day at the Allison Cemetery around 1960.
Pappy lived with us for many years - I loved this man!


These beauties (I'm not so convinced that I like the hairstyle - I know I don't) 
are Clauda Martin and I.O. Martin.
This photograph is on an old post card and has their names written on the back.

This is the back of the post card...


 The photo below was taken around 1925 in Kentucky - probably Graves County.
Myatts, Starks, Hopkins - What a special day this must have been.  
I'm still working on getting everyone in my tree…
John O'Kelly Myatt (3rd cousin 3X removed); 
William Neal Myatt (4th cousin 2X removed);
Ruby Jewell Myatt Hopkins (5th cousin 1X removed); 
The baby is Violet Pearl Hopkins (6th cousin).



“There are some old photographs from where if you take
 anything out, even a chicken or a little bird, the magic will disappear.” 

Not one thing would I take out of any of these photographs - 
everything was meant to be just as it is…I'm thinking beautiful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BORN IN CHICKACOEN

NINE SONS: The Tolar Brothers & The Civil War

THE ALLISON’S HOME CHURCH - LITTLE RIVER PRESBYTERIAN, ORANGE COUNTY, NC