Always "DRESS"ed

"It is to a poet a thing of awe to find that his story is true."  Isak Dinesen


I remember the day this photo was taken as if it were today. My Aunt Lou Ann and Aunt Inez had come from Michigan to visit with the family. Now, I'm sure most of you are thinking that we got all 'dressed up" for the picture... and you would be absolutely, positively, WRONG!  The grown up ladies always wore dresses - and my Mama required the same of me.  It was never a bad thing.  TOT & TEEN (a store that was across the street from Borden's Jewelry  in Cookeville, Tennessee) was my Mama's favorite place to buy my dresses.  I still have the dress I am wearing in this photo - along with about 5 others that she kept through the years.  
As I look at this picture - I smile.  
Sweet, sweet memories - of love and dresses!
(In the photo:  L to R - Aunt Lou Ann, Mama & Me, my Great Aunt Novella, my Grandmother (Mama Ashburn), My Aunt Inez...and MOI!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BORN IN CHICKACOEN

NINE SONS: The Tolar Brothers & The Civil War

THE ALLISON’S HOME CHURCH - LITTLE RIVER PRESBYTERIAN, ORANGE COUNTY, NC