ONE SENTENCE ~ MANY ANSWERS … Thanks, Mama!

~Background ~
 Our family always had a number of Bibles 
in our home when I was growing up, and my 
Mama was always placing handwritten 
notes, cards, and pictures within the 
pages of the Bibles.

Since her death, I have admired and inspected 
most of her books and Bibles - 
crying and smiling at the same time. 

~The Answer~
Yesterday, I came across what was probably her oldest Bible.  I know that I have seen it before; however, it's been at least 30 years or more.
I started to put it away - knowing that I could revisit it any time. I couldn't.
Oh, my - more notes - pictures - cards…treasures.
There it was - another note!
On a small piece of paper she had written one sentence.  One sentence that answered the question that had been on my mind for a few months.  

  Amazing how that works ~ isn't it?

My Mama ~ Lorene Ashburn Allison
_________________________________ 

~ ONE MORE TREASURE ~
This photo, too, was within the Bible's pages.
It shows my Daddy (on the left) along with his sisters and brothers 
on the day their father (my Grandfather - William Luther Allison) was buried.
L to R: Haywood Allison, Lou Ann Allison Guy, Willene Allison, 
Berchie Allison, Eli Allison, and Bill Allison.  
Aunt Willene and Aunt Berchie are up-in-years (I love that phrase), 
but still with us.  Look at my 'voguish' aunts…treasures!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BORN IN CHICKACOEN

NINE SONS: The Tolar Brothers & The Civil War

THE ALLISON’S HOME CHURCH - LITTLE RIVER PRESBYTERIAN, ORANGE COUNTY, NC