ON THE EVE OF MY 59th BIRTHDAY

Knock, Knock, Knocking on 60’s Door

It’s hard to know what to say about my 59th birthday. Does it represent anything?  
is there a deep meaning to this birthday?  
Well, after pondering the matter(and not too long at that),
 I have drawn a few tentative conclusions:
  1. I can’t stay up late - nor do I want too.
  2. I think I’m smarter, but sometimes I can’t remember what I’m supposed to know.
  3. I love it when someone tells me I smell good.
  4. I have one more year in the fabulous fifties - Oh, Joy - Joy.
  5. If I believe something, I really, really believe it.
  6. If I like you, I really, really like you.  The opposite might also be true.
  7. Napping is allowed and I don’t care who knows it - the length of the nap is no one’s    business. 
  8. My dream of being a homicide detective has been put on hold.
  9. Aging is a totally wonderful excuse for ... well, lots of things.
  10. I feel strongly that singing out loud is a good thing.
  11. Hormone Replacement Therapy rocks!
  12. I believe that wearing one’s pajamas all day is acceptable and practical.
  13. I can make up my mind about ‘anything’ much quicker today than yesterday.
  14. I’m blessed with a family that I love.  
  15. I’m blessed with friends that I love.
  16. I have met some of the most amazing people this year - and reconnected with many from years past.
  17. I have never felt anything negative on any of my birthdays...this one is no different.
  18. I know that every day is a blessing.
  19. I will ‘bite’ anyone or anything that hurts my loved ones.
  20. I know that every day matters. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BORN IN CHICKACOEN

NINE SONS: The Tolar Brothers & The Civil War

THE ALLISON’S HOME CHURCH - LITTLE RIVER PRESBYTERIAN, ORANGE COUNTY, NC