HART TO HEART

 JULY - 2023

Clinton, Oklahoma

HART FAMILY REUNION

A Brief Overview - More Informative Post Will Follow Soon!

I had never met anyone from this family in person - a letter, a few brief phone conversations and messages. My Daddy knew he had cousins in Oklahoma, but knew nothing about them. Upon arriving at The Hart Family Reunion, I felt as if I knew everyone. 

One would be hard pressed to find a more genuine, 

kind group of people. The importance of family and connections were real here. 

I was touched at the scenes of groups - in each circle a variety of generations 

of smiles, laughter, and stories being shared - especially by what you might 

say were the ‘seasoned’ members in the group. My heart smiles as I think

of the power experienced for each person as they were enjoying the present - 

as well as the past. Getting together and experiencing the amazing benefits of 

connecting with ‘who you really are’ is therapeutic. Restores the soul. 

This I know . . . years from now one may care and want to learn as much as

much as possible about family, but may not have those family members still 

around to share and tell the tales. How blessed I am to have attended this reunion.  

Bonds created - my heart softened and strengthened - through connections made. 

My connection to the Hart Family from Oklahoma was through a 

First Cousin 2X Removed, Deanna Allison Hart. Deanna’s Father was

my Great Granduncle - Abraham Monroe Allison. Abraham moved from Tennessee

to Oklahoma arriving at The Cherokee Nation in November of 1889 from Tennessee 

with his wife (Geriah Thomas Allison) and daughter (Deanna). 




The event was well-planned - exciting and meaningful.
A time to reunite/unite and celebrate the things we cherish.

GAMES
I was introduced to “Chicken Foot Dominos”.
This crew is S.E.R.I.O.U.S. about their Chicken Foot Domimos!
I had never seriously played ‘any’ kind of dominos - but, I didn’t finish last - just almost last. 


TALKING AND SHARING AND EATING 
AND REMINISCING 




Les (Deanna’s Great Grandson) has the ALLISON eyes.
Identical color of my Grandfather and Father. 

DRIVES

.
RED STAR CEMETERY - Leedey, Oklahoma
Burial Site of Deanna and many relatives.

Below are photos of the actual site in Leedey, Oklahoma, where 
William Thomas Hart and Deanna raised 
their children - Minnie, Ada, and BusterMy cousin Lisa 
and her husband Charlie graciously took me to this site.
A tornado in 1955 destroyed everything in this area.

My heart melts. 
I see them here. Working and playing


Notice the storm cellar in photo below. 
Also, what a beautiful smile Deanna has on her face!

OLD PHOTOGRAPHS







I know that my Daddy is smiling right now. 

Anna Faye Allison-Burgess 09.20.2023




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BORN IN CHICKACOEN

NINE SONS: The Tolar Brothers & The Civil War

THE ALLISON’S HOME CHURCH - LITTLE RIVER PRESBYTERIAN, ORANGE COUNTY, NC