DA & DOVIE HAVE A STORY TO TELL



I BELIEVE ONE MUST BE STILL AND LISTEN.
My paternal Grandmother (Mary Dovie Martin Allison) died when my Daddy was a young boy. He was cheated. . .

Sunday, January 27, 2016
Sometimes we all need to be reminded what life is all about.
I was still; and I listened.
My Grandmother Dovie had one full brother. 
Arthur was two years older than her.
This is a celebration ~ 

ARTHUR MARTIN


DOVIE MARTIN ALLISON

Little was known to me about my Great Uncle Arthur Martin. 
My Daddy spoke of his Uncle Arthur from time to time; but I never asked questions. 
One should always seize the moment . . . I know that now. 
But, honestly, I don’t believe my Daddy ‘knew’ anything . . . Why not? 

Throughout the past few years, I have thought of him often. 
What did I know ... he left home young, served in the military, and lived out his life in Arizona. 
That is all.

I WAS STILL. AND I LISTENED.
THIS WEEK, I LOCATED HIS GRANDDAUGHTER, CELESTE, IN ARIZONA.

We spoke on the phone . . .  Powerful . . . Emotional . . . Family.

DA” - (that was what his family called him) - had a family. 
A large family - my family - my blood . . . 
I am blessed - our families are blessed. 

DA and DOVIE have a story to tell.

With great love,
Dovie’s Granddaughter & Da’s Great Niece
01.30.2019 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BORN IN CHICKACOEN

NINE SONS: The Tolar Brothers & The Civil War

THE ALLISON’S HOME CHURCH - LITTLE RIVER PRESBYTERIAN, ORANGE COUNTY, NC