Rebecca Angeline Clark
(My 2nd Great Grand Aunt)
Born February 1, 1844 in White Co.,TN
Died February 28, 1923 in Franklin Co., AR

Rebecca was the daughter of Luther Clark and Susan Whitefield Clark.  She was a sister to Elizabeth Peggy Clark Allison (my 2nd great grandmother).  

The photo above is of Rebecca and her second husband - John Pleasant Vest.  The children were fathered by her first husband - Isaac Allen Jaco.  (Samuel Jaco and Susan Jaco)
LOVE the photographers stamp!

Rebecca married Isaac Allen Jaco around 1875.  He passed away around 1879 at the age of 37 - (I have not been able to find out a great deal of information about Issac Jaco - will continue my search). However, they did have two children together between 1876 and 1878. (children pictured in photo above)

She then married John Pleasant Vest on February 22, 1887, in Franklin, Arkansas - (I am fairly confident they did not have any children, but research continues).  John Pleasant was married before to Sarah Ann Taylor - they had 5 children.  He died in 1911.  Rebecca, John, and Sarah are all buried in Lowes Creek Cemetery.

Rebecca Angeline Clark (1844 - 1923)
Sister to my GG Grandmother

Susan Whitefield (1810 - 1877) - MY GGG Grandmother
mother of Rebecca Angeline Clark - Sister to my GG Grandmother

daughter of Susan Whitefield 

son of Elizabeth Peggy Clark 

son of William Carter Allison

son of William Luther Allison 

daughter of Ernest Haywood Allison

Rebecca died on February 28, 1923, in Franklin, Arkansas, at the age of 79, and was buried there.



Rebecca's stone reads:

Mother Mrs. R.A. Vest Feb 1, 1844 - Feb 28, 1923
Having finished life's duty she now sweetly rests in heaven. Eastern Star



In the photo below is Solomon Clark (my 2nd great grand uncle) and his sisters: I wish I was 100 percent sure as to the order (and who), but I'm not. Sources state that in this photo are Mary Carolyn Johnson (another sister), Rebecca Vest, and his granddaughter, Milem (daughter of Isabelle 'Ida' Clark - I think). 

Solomon is easy to identify in the photo. 
The others - not so much.  At first I was thinking that the lady holding Solomon's hat would be he granddaughter, Milem.  Not so sure upon taking a 'tenth' look - the lady on the far left in the photo is difficult to identify as to age. 
Solomon passed away in 1932 - his wife (Sarah Thomas) passed away in 1920.  I doubt that she is in the photo.
Rebecca died in 1923.  She is in the photo for sure.
Thus, I'm sure that Solomon, Rebecca, and Milem are in the photo.
That leaves '2' unknowns.  
I'm able to rule out my Elizabeth Peggy Clark Allison (my second great grandmother) as she passed in 1910.  Now I've got myself confused.  Whew!  I need help with this one!
However - I LOVE THIS PHOTO!


The photo below is Lowes Creek Cemetery where Rebecca is buried.  The cemetery is in Franklin County, Arkansas.  
I will visit soon!


Loving the continued research of my ancestors!
The 'dead people' stories just keep finding me.  
Yes, I truly believe that they are 
'finding me' more so 
than
 'me finding them'...
there is just no other explanation!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BORN IN CHICKACOEN

NINE SONS: The Tolar Brothers & The Civil War

THE ALLISON’S HOME CHURCH - LITTLE RIVER PRESBYTERIAN, ORANGE COUNTY, NC